Eat Out to Help Out Discount Scheme
This incentive is aimed at aiding and re-boosting the hospitality sector by encouraging people to return to dining out.
The Government’s new Eat Out to Help Out discount scheme will provide a 50% reduction (up to a maximum of £10 per head) for sit-down, eat-in meals in the UK throughout August 2020. This offer is only available to participating restaurants from Monday to Wednesday and does not include discount on alcoholic drinks.
Participating establishments may include:
- restaurants, cafés, bars or pubs
- work and school canteens
- food halls
Participating establishments will apply the discount to their diners’ bill and the business will be fully reimbursed for the 50% discount.
For further details on the “Eat Out to Help Out” including how to register, click here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme
Take a look here to find out which restaurants in your local area are taking part!
VAT reduction tourism and hospitality
On 8th July the Government made an announcement allowing VAT registered businesses to apply a tempororary 5% reduced rate if VAT to certain supplies relating to:
- hotel and holiday accommodation
- admission to certain attractions
the temporary rate will apply to supplies that are made between 15th July 2020 to 12th January 2021.
A reduced (5%) rate of VAT will apply to:
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks, for consumption on your premises
- Hot takeaway food and hot takeaway non-alcoholic drinks
- supply sleeping accommodation in a hotel or similar establishment
- make certain supplies of holiday accommodation
- charge fees for caravan pitches and associated facilities
- charge fees for tent pitches or camping facilities
For further information and a full list of affected supply, please read the government guidance here – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-reduced-rate-for-hospitality-holiday-accommodation-and-attractions
(E) firstname.lastname@example.org (T) 01908 219100