Mixed Tax Manager
Your new role
This role gives the opportunity for a self-motivated person to provide a valuable supporting role to the Head of Tax. The business has ambitious plans which include continuing to build an outstanding Tax Department which supports Ad Valorem’s own clients as well as other small accounting firms that lack specialist knowledge.
There will be a very high level of client contact within this role and you will therefore need to be able to communicate clearly both in writing and verbally.
Duties & Responsibilities
Personal and Business Tax:
- Assisting with the administration of a portfolio of clients (including non-resident clients), as well as acting as one of the main points of contact for the client and liaising with other team members and HMRC.
- Maximising advisory opportunities from your portfolio of clients, dealing with ad hoc advisory and planning issues as they arise with collaboration with more senior or junior members of the team as required for delivery of the project covering personal tax, inheritance tax, SDLT and CGT.
- Preparing tax advisory letters, memos and reports for review and reviewing drafts prepared by more junior members of the team.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries and disclosures under let property and overseas campaigns.
- Helping develop the tax department generally and seek new opportunities within the current client portfolio.
- Overseeing the annual compliance cycle in conjunction with other team members.
- Preparing and overseeing the preparation of sole trader and partnership income and expenditure statements and accounts.
- Reviewing tax returns, correspondence and advice drafted by other team members as required.
- Working with more senior team members of the advisory team to develop your advisory capabilities.
- Maintaining an up-to-date technical knowledge of personal, trust and business tax matters.
- Assisting with the development of probate as a new product offering.
- Liaising with the Compliance team regarding business owner’s corporate and personal tax affairs.
- Assisting with the preparation of P11d’s, supporting the existing payroll team with PAYE matter when required.
- Liaising with third parties where Ad Valorem currently has joint ventures for audit, legal and financial services, ensuring that the client portfolio has a joined up all-round service and all business and personal tax implications are considered
- Proving ad hoc advice on business structures and various tax incentives such as EMI and EIS schemes.
The ideal candidate
- ATT, STEP, CTA, ACCA, ACA part-qualified or qualified by experience
- Willing to undertake ongoing personal development
- Good understanding of MS Word and Excel.
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Able to plan work to strict deadlines/time scales
- Work well in a team and as an individual
- Able to manage and develop a small team
- Possess a clean driving licence
What you'll get in return
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- £35,000-£45,000 basic salary + pension contributions
- Benefits package inc. private medical insurance, death in service benefit, Perkbox membership where you have the option to choose the remainder of your perks and benefits!
- Full support for study if required and additional skills training.
- Develop experience working in a family-feel environment
- Flexible working patterns available to suit individuals.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send click the “Apply Now” button to submit your CV.
Check out our company video to get an idea of what we are all about!