We’re hiring – Payroll Assistant
An exciting opportunity to join our award winning team in our Payroll Department, as a Payroll Assistant.
Ad Valorem has grown significantly over the last two years and now runs payrolls for its own clients and operates as a bureau for other smaller accountancy firms. In total, the department is processing nearly 1000 transactions per month for several hundred clients.
This role involves producing the payroll for a portfolio of clients by uploading data onto the payroll systems, sense checking data and clarifying queries with clients as well as liaising with HM Revenue & Customs when necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning work to meet deadlines for payrolls
- Uploading and downloading information via a variety of systems
- Sense checking data validity
- Clarification of queries and anomalies in data before finalising
- Communicating well with clients building up confidence and trust
- Responding to questions from employees and employers in appropriate time frames
- Ensuring all reporting and legal requirements are met.
- Maintaining systems and data correctly
- Good with IT and technologies including RTI, IRIS, Excel etc.
- Preparing P11Ds, P60s and notifying clients of their Class 1 A NIC liability
- Preparing CIS returns and filing monthly with HMRC
- Starters/leavers processes
The ideal candidate:
- An experienced payroll assistant with a solid knowledge and understanding of the PAYE system.
- A good command of spoken and written English, along with the ability to communicate effectively.
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Able to work independently and accurately and have a record of meeting strict deadlines.
- The successful candidate will take a methodical approach to their work emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail.
- They will be a pro-active team player that works well within a small and collaborative payroll team.
- Willing to learn about Auto enrolment and support the business moving forward.
- Willing to learn new systems and processes
- Interested in pursuing a professional qualification in payroll
What you’ll get in return
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- £20,000-£25,000 basic salary + pension contributions
- Benefits package inc. private medical insurance, death in service benefit, perkbox membership where you have the option to choose the remainder of your perks and benefits!
- Study assistance if required.
- Develop experience working in a rewarding, family-feel environment
- Flexible working patterns to suit individuals
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, please send application across to Nikki Adams on email@example.com
Posted in: Careers