Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit & accounts manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office.
The role will assist with the audit, accounts, and advisory work for a portfolio of clients under the guidance of the Senior Audit Managers and Audit Director.
Working with the wider team to ensure that company standards and policies are adhered to when completing client work.
Manage and deliver audit and financial accounts engagements from planning through to completion.
Direct Report: Pod Leader/Audit Director
- You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the audit process.
- Overseeing audit assistants’ work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and Ad Valorem Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination, and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, Ad Valorem Audit Methodology and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Prepare and negotiate fee proposals for our existing client base and assist in forming propositions for new business.
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified because of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Senior Managers and Directors in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit & Accounts services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Director
You will be assigned specific client accounts and ensure that they are handled effectively and efficiently
- Planning – ensuring the client is offered pre-year-end tax planning, and liaising with the specialists in our Tax Department to provide more complex advice/consultancy.
- Completion – ensuring the client receives a consistently high level of service and that the annual accounts are completed efficiently and within the 30 working-day guarantee period.
- Finalisation & Submission – ensuring the final accounts are produced to a consistent standard and then signed and submitted correctly.
- Meeting with the client to review accounts, offer advice and promote other products and services (at least once a year, depending on the client category)
- Supervising junior staff and liaising with pod leaders as well as the wider to team to ensure all services are joined up and work is performed by members of the team at the correct skill level.
- Liaising with the sales & marketing team where new services/products are identified and introducing the client to the relevant business development manager.
- Expected chargeability for the role will be 75%
- Expected portfolio size would be upwards of £500,000
- Expected Audit & Accounts Assistants reporting to this role will be 1-2
- Anticipated mix is 50% audit and 50% accounts work
- Utilise the software tools available to provide an outstanding service to your client portfolio
- Ensure your personal software certificates are achieved within agreed timescales and are kept up to date
- Highlight and implement new pieces of software to further client experience, in line with strategic business objectives.
Any other duties that may be required by the company.
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP (not essential) and US GAAP (not essential)
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen
- Willingness to learn new skills and work as part of a team
Qualifications and Skills
Time and Exam Qualified Accountant – ACA, ACCA or equivalent
Recent experience as an Audit & Accounts Manager
Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and GAAP standards
Experience working with SME’s
Desirable for the role…
- Possess driving licence
In return, the successful candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary + pension contributions
- Full study assistance accompanies the role
- Benefits package inc. private medical insurance, death in service benefit
- Development for career progression within a family-feel environment
- Hybrid working patterns available, once past probation period